Terms and Conditions
Customer satisfaction is the top priority at Just Right Driving School. We endeavour to provide exceptional service, helping all of our pupils to learn to drive as quick as possible, without compromising the quality of teaching. By booking an intensive course, also known as crash course, midway pass course, semi intensive course, one week pass course, and test booster, all of which is mentioned on our website, with Just Right Driving School, you are indicating that you have read and understood the terms and conditions and that you are bound by them.
Terms & Conditions:
- Each course is for the total amount of hours booked. The total hours of the course booked includes the time required for taking your practical test and drive home at the end of the course; for example, if you pay for a 40 hour course, you will receive 39 hour long lessons plus the driving test at the end of the course representing the 40th hour. Additional hours can be booked with your instructor at the agreed hourly rate at that time. Also please note that courses are not guaranteed to be completed over one week, larger courses may be completed over two to four weeks, subject to instructor availability.
- All pupils must pass the legally required eyesight test. This will be checked by your instructor on the first lesson, if you happen to fail the test, you will be unable to do the course until you have corrected your eyesight. Any agreed hours booked with the instructor will be lost.
- In some cases your instructor may feel that you are not ready to take your practical driving test at the end of the course if you aren’t up to test standard as you are not safe on the roads and we don’t want to put other peoples lives at risk. If this is the case, you will lose your test fee and will not be offered a refund of any unused hours or any deposit or test fees.
- Course Start Dates and Deposit Refunds: All deposits made[£150]are non refundable, as when we receive the booking, we are already carrying out work to select an instructor and book any relevant tests. If we happen to be unable to allocate you an instructor for the provisional start date you provide, you will be informed. Due to Covid-19, any delays on starting your course due to instructors having a backlog of customers does not mean you are not entitled to a refund, we have a duty of prioritising customers who have booked before you. All customers will enter a queuing system with their instructor and begin as soon as a test is confirmed.
- If a pupil finds they are unable to take their course, they are required to send a cancellation note 14 working days prior. The notice must be either by email or a text message. Any tuition that has been booked with a deposit paid that is cancelled with less than 14 working days notice will be charged for in full. Course deposits are non refundable.
- Covid-19: We have the expectation that there will be a degree of flexibility between instructor and pupil. Courses may need to be rearranged due to the government guidelines for when lessons can be conducted and test centres open. You do not have the right to a refund of the deposit if Covid-19 has any effects on the scheduling of pupils courses.
- Once the course has been booked, and a pupil cancels any driving lessons and it is less than 1 full week from the lessons date, those lessons will be forfeited and time will be lost. We cannot rearrange a course once you have agreed the times with the driving instructor at such short notice.
- If a pupil books additional tuition hours, and then cancels or fails to show up, those lessons will be charged for.
- When taking the intensive course, it is not usually possible to drive continuously so consequently short breaks will be arranged between you and your instructor, weather you feel the break is necessary.
- Your intensive driving course includes break times and time to hire the car for the practical test and drive you home or back to the agreed location at the end of the test.
- A successful booking is when we allocate an ADI and the instructor and pupil agree to begin the driving course.
- All courses are booked and based with advice on average learning capabilities from past pupils and are a rough guide only. No guarantee can be expected from any instructor. You should be prepared for extra tuition if it is felt that it is required before you are allowed to safely attend the driving test.
- A practical driving test cannot be booked until the pupil has succeeded the theory test and we have been informed of the theory pass number.
- The availability of the practical test is made available by the DVSA. All efforts will be made to secure a practical test local to the pupil, however, the instructor reserves the right to choose any test centre they deem as appropriate. If no test slot has been found for the final day of your course then you may save a few hours and return another following week to take your test. Test centres may be closed on weekends and bank holidays. We cannot guarantee a test for any specific day. Please be aware this may require more of your time to complete the driving course at a later date than you originally planned.
- Covid-19 may also cause a delay in booking theory and practical tests because we have to manually contact the DVSA on a case by case basis, to book test dates for key workers which can cause delays. Unfortunately, the DVSA is responsible for the bookings and you will not be entitled to a refund. Practical test centres are likely closed in July unless you’re a key worker, in some cases you may have to apply for a key worker test yourself, but we will reimburse the test fee. A lot of tests will be cancelled due to Covid-19, in the case your test is cancelled, you wont be entitled to a refund.
- Please do not start lessons with your instructor unless government advice enables you to. Failing to abide by these instructions puts you and your instructor at risk of prosecution. However, there are exceptions for key workers.
- The deposit for the course is payable on booking a course to Just Right Driving School, which is for booking the appropriate test in advance, searching and reserving you a local driving instructor and for the ongoing administration required. The deposit is not the full balance.
- The remaining balance if any course is payable to Just Right Driving who will act as a intermediary to the subcontracted driving instructor. The complete payment for the course is required 2 weeks before the lessons are due to start to ensure the pupil is intending to go ahead with the course and will not let the instructor down at the last minute. Failure to pay for the course remaining balance 2 weeks prior will result in the cancellation of the course and you will lose the deposit paid.
- The contract for the Intensive Course is between the pupil and the driving instructor. Therefore, any disputes or claims should be taken up with the instructor firstly and not Just Right Driving School. We cannot be held liable for any compensation claim from a pupil, nor can it be held responsible for any traffic violation on the part of the pupil or the instructor.
- If we cannot allocate you an instructor we will inform you before the driving course is due to begin. At this point, you may request a refund of the deposit or we will automatically continue to try allocate your driving course for the next available date.
- In the event of the instructors vehicle breaking down during the course, a refund of the outstanding lesson time and outstanding fees will be made if an alternative instructor cannot be arranged.
- If the vehicle is damaged by the pupil during tuition times, the time it takes for the repair to be made will be lost from the pupils course time if the car has to be booked in for a repair during the pupils previously agreed course times. Whether the damage is deliberate, by accident or a freak occurrence, the above condition stays the same. If the damage is done deliberately or the instructor perceives the damage to be caused by negligence or deliberate actions, we may pursue the pupil for reimbursement of any expense that result. Any costs relating to the damage caused by the pupil which is not covered by our extensive insurance will also be payable by the pupil who caused the damage.If the car is involved in an accident during your course, or becomes undriveable for any reason, we will endeavour to find an alternative vehicle and you will be offered to postpone any missed hours at this time. If you refuse the option to postpone, they will be forfeited and no refund for those hours will be given.
- Just Right Driving School and your driving instructor cannot be held liable for any losses resulting in course or test cancellation due to any of the following reasons; driving course/test cancellation due to bad weather, examiner illness, examiner strike, instructor illness, vehicle breakdown and sudden product recall on vehicles. Where possible, your instructor will arrange another date to finish the course off in the event of any of the above scenarios.
- It is against the law for anyone to drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Any student who is suspected of being under the influence of either will have their tuition terminated for that day with the loss of that days tuition.
- Abusive language or threatening behaviour to any instructor, or to the general public, will not be tolerated. Such behaviour will result in immediate course termination in the loss of course fee.
- Please refrain from making any travel or accommodation arrangement if you are not taking the course with a pick up from home, until the course is confirmed directly with your appointed driving instructor.
- Please do not book time off work until you have spoken to your instructor and discussed and confirmed your schedule.
- If the pupil falls ill and cannot continue the course for any reason we would look to reorganise the course for a time where the pupil is fit and well again. If you fall ill and need to cancel lessons without a weeks notice, these hours may be forfeited unless the instructor states otherwise.
- Due to Covid-19, if the instructor has to self isolate and the course has been delayed, then you will not be entitled to a refund. You would instead rearrange when your instructor is fit and well.
Terms & Conditions are stated to avoid any misunderstanding and do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.